Training and Certification
Data Setup Guide
Setup development environment
Generate project from API specs
Import Core Models
Adding MDMS Configuration
Adding Workflow Configuration
Building the Web Layer
Implementing Service layer
Implementing custom calculation layer
Implementing Repository Layer
Kafka Producer & Consumer
Adding Persister Configuration
Adding Indexer Configuration
Running the application locally
Build and deploy instructions
Developer UI Guide
Low Code No Code
Government and Open Digital Platforms
Microservices and Low Code No Code
The goal of this developer guide is to walk through all the steps in building a new voter registration backend service module on top of DIGIT.
In this guide, you will learn:
How to set up your development environment
How to develop the registries, services, APIs for a voter registration module that were described in the
How to integrate with an existing DIGIT environment and re-use a lot of the common services using Kubernetes port forwarding
How to test the new module and debug
How to build and deploy the new service in your DIGIT environment
At the end of this guide, you will be able to run the
provided with this guide (code provided), test it out locally and also deploy it using CD/CI to your dev environment.
Before beginning development on top of DIGIT, please ensure:
1. DIGIT code from DIGIT-OSS, egov-mdms-data, configs etc.. has been forked from GitHub under your organization’s umbrella account.
2. You have access to the forked repositories from your GitHub user account. Note that the user account is different from the organization's account.
3. Access to a DIGIT environment - FQDN, Access keys etc..The DIGIT environment can be a single VM setup for a development environment. Please refer to these docs for installation of DIGIT.
We recommend pointing the following services to the dev environment -
Following DIGIT services should be running locally -
4. CD/CI has been setup for DIGIT. This is a pre-requisite to deploy new DIGIT modules. CD/CI processes will be used to build and deploy the new module that will be developed.
Design phase artifacts
5. In addition, knowledge of the following technologies is required for developing on DIGIT:
REST APIs and related concepts like path parameters, headers, JSON etc.
All content on this page by
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
Guides - Previous