DIGIT analytics enable -
- administrators to view the dashboard based on which they can take day-to-day planning and operational decisions
- citizens to view and assess how the city administration is delivering services to them
- employees to identify immediate areas of focus so that they can direct their efforts accordingly
- analysts and researchers to access data in a format that enables them to analyse data rapidly and provide deep insights
In order to enable the above in a scalable, secure and reliable manner, the DIGIT platform needs to ensure -
- transaction data is extracted, transformed and made available in an analytical datastore in a timely manner
- privacy issues are addressed as data is moved to the analytical data store
- as the transaction data structure is modified, the extract and transform programs continue to work seamlessly
- users will have the ability to extend the transformation to suit their needs. Data may need to be transformed multiple times to address reporting and analytical requirements.
- user can design and modify dashboards as per their requirements
- users can access data only based on their role
- raw as well as analytical datasets are made available through open data APIs for analysts and researchers
- anomalies detected are bubbled up to the right users at the right time
- users can perform descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics seamlessly
- real-time scenarios e.g. IOT can be catered to by the platform.
Proposed Analytics Framework
Sunbird cQube https://cqube.sunbird.org/ is something we should look at see how this fits into our requirements.