Adding new SSH key to it
With SSH keys, you can connect to GitHub without supplying your username and personal access token at each visit. You can also use an SSH key to sign commits.
- Open Your "Command prompt" or "Terminal".
- Type below commands to generate SSH key
- Now a .ssh folder is created in your home directory. Go to that directory.
- copy the SSH key which we get after running the above commands.
- open GitHub and add this SSH key as shown below:
- open Settings and go to SSH and GPG keys
- Click on New SSH key and paste it. Click on Add SSH key.
- If you want check the private key, use