PDF Generation Service
The objective of the PDF generation service is to bulk generate pdf as per requirement.
Before you proceed with the documentation, make sure the following pre-requisites are met -
- Install npm.
- The Kafka server is up and running.
- The egov-persister service is running and has a pdf generation persister config path added to it.
- PSQL server is running and the database is created to store the filestore id and job id of generated pdf.
- Provide a common framework to generate PDFs.
- Provide flexibility to customise the PDF as per the requirement.
- Provide functionality to add an image or QR code in a PDF.
- Provide functionality to generate PDFs in bulk.
- Provide functionality to specify the maximum number of records to be written in one PDF.
- 1.Create data config and format config for a PDF according to product requirements.
- 2.Add data config and format config files in PDF configuration.
- 3.Add the file path of data and format config in the environment yaml file.
- 4.Deploy the latest version of pdf-service in a particular environment.
The PDF configuration can be used by any module which needs to show particular information in PDF format that can be printed/downloaded by the user.
- Functionality to generate PDFs in bulk.
- Avoid regeneration.
- Support QR codes and Images.
- Functionality to specify the maximum number of records to be written in one PDF.
- Uploading generated PDF to filestore and return filestore id for easy access.
To download and print the required PDF _create API has to be called with the required key (For Integration with UI, please refer to the links in Reference Docs)
(Note: All the APIs are in the same postman collection, therefore, the same link is added in each row).