Before starting development on top of DIGIT make sure:
- DIGIT code from DIGIT-OSS, egov-mdms-data, configs etc.. has been forked from GitHub under your organization’s umbrella account.
- You have access to the forked repositories from your GitHub user account. Note that the user account is different from the organization's account.
- Access to a DIGIT environment - FQDN, Access keys etc..The DIGIT environment can be a single VM setup for a development environment. Please refer to these docs for the installation of DIGIT.
- It is recommended to deploy the following services in the dev environment -
Some of the above services can also be port-forwarded using Kubernetes to bypass user authentication.
- Make sure the following DIGIT services are running in the local environment:
- Spring Boot
- REST APIs and related concepts like path parameters, headers, JSON etc.