Setting up localisation strings
This guide goes through inserting basic localisation for core DIGIT modules post-installation. Currently, localisation is an extra step post install. We enter localisation data in bulk via REST API calls. Postman collection is available to facilitate this process.
Base localisation strings are provided in the baseline folder. Localization is done per module per release. New strings in each release are contained in the respective release version folder. Depending on what modules have been installed, the localization strings have to be collated and then seeded using Postman Scripts.
For example, if DIGIT v2.7 with PGR module has been installed, the localization strings for the PGR module have to be collated in the following order in JSON:
- 1.Baseline localization strings
- 1.Download the postman collection . Setup an environment in postman and add the following variables:
- 2.Login to DIGIT as a citizen user from the browser. To get auth token on your webpage, right click and go to Inspect > Network > payload > RequestInfo. Here you will find a variable named authToken which will be a 32-bit string. Paste it in the values field of the
authTokenvariable in Postman and click "Save".
The modules to setup depends on what has been installed as part of DIGIT. For DIGIT core, we require localisation to be setup for user module.
- Search endpoint: domain/localization/messages/v1/_search
- Upsert endpoint: domain/localization/messages/v1/_upsert