User OTP Service
User-OTP service handles the OTP for user registration, user log in and password reset for a particular user.
Before you proceed with the documentation, make sure the following pre-requisites are met -
- Java 8
- egov-user service is running
- egov-localization service is running
- egov-otp service is running
The user-otp service sends the OTP to the user on login request, on password change request and during new user registration.
- 1.Deploy the latest version of user-otp.
- 2.Make sure egov-otp is running.
- 3.Add Role-Action mapping for APIs.
User-OTP service handles the OTP for user registration, user login and password reset for a particular user.
- Can perform user registration, login, and password reset.
- In the future, if we want to expose the application to citizens then it can be done easily.
- 1.To integrate, the host of user-otp module should be overwritten in the helm chart.
/user-otp/v1/_sendshould be added as the endpoint for sending OTP to the user via sms or email
This method sends the OTP to a user via sms or email based on the below parameters -
Unique id for a tenant.
Mobile number of the user
OTP type ex: login/register/password reset
Type of user ex: Citizen/Employee
- Following are the Producer topic.
egov.core.notification.sms.otp:- This topic is used to send OTP to user mobile number.
org.egov.core.notification.email:- This topic is used to send OTP to user email id.