Monitoring & Alerts
Prometheus is an open-source system monitoring and alerting toolkit originally built at SoundCloud.
The default installation is intended to suit monitoring a kubernetes cluster the chart is deployed onto. It closely matches the kube-prometheus project.
- service monitors to scrape internal kubernetes components
With the installation, the chart also includes dashboards and alerts.
- 1.Add environment variable to the respective env config file
Update the configs branch (like for qa.yaml added qa branch)
- 2.Enable the nginx-ingress monitoring and redeploy the nginx-ingress.
- 1.Add alertmanager secret in respective.secrets.yamlIf you want you can change the slack channel and other details like group_wait , group_interval and repeat_interval according to your values.
- 1.Deploy the prometheus-operator using go cmd or deploy using Jenkins.
go run main.go deploy -e -c 'prometheus-operator,grafana,prometheues-kafka-exporter'
To create a new panel in the existing dashboard
- 1.Login to dashboard and click on add panel
- 1.Set all required queries and apply the changes. Export the JSON file by clicking on t the save dashboard
- 1.Update the existing *-dashboard.json file from configs monitoring-dashboards folder with a newly exported JSON file.