MDMS (Master Data Management Service)
The MDMS service aims to reduce the time spent by developers on writing codes to store and fetch master data (primary data needed for module functionality) which doesn’t have any business logic associated with them. Instead of writing APIs and creating tables in different services to store and retrieve data that is seldom changed, the MDMS service keeps them in a single location for all modules and provides data on demand with the help of no more than three lines of configuration.
- 1.Prior knowledge of Java/J2EE
- 2.Prior knowledge of Spring Boot
- 3.Prior knowledge of REST APIs and related concepts like path parameters, headers, JSON etc.
- 4.Prior knowledge of Git
- 5.Advanced knowledge of how to operate JSON data would be an added advantage to understanding the service
- Adds master data for usage without the need to create master data APIs in every module.
- Reads data from GIT directly with no dependency on any database services.
- 1.Deploy the latest version of Mdms-service
- 2.Add conf path for the file location
- 3.Add master config JSON path
The MDMS service provides ease of access to master data for any service.
- No time spent writing repetitive codes with no business logic.
- 1.To integrate, the host of egov-mdms-service should be overwritten in the helm chart
egov-mdms-service/v1/_searchshould be added as the search endpoint for searching master data.
- 3.MDMS client from eGov snapshots should be added as mvn entity in pom.xml for ease of access since it provides mdms request pojos.